Lions COVID-19 Charity Response
Happy Easter everyone at these times.
Following a recent meeting of our charity Trustees, we are pleased to confirm the following donations :
• Berkswell Homeless Outreach Project to help the comfort of homeless people of Birmingham & Coventry - £500
• Chelmsley Wood Food Bank - £500
• Carers Trust Solihull (Solihull Young Carers)- £1000. There are approximately 800 young carers registered in the Solihull area, including an estimated 50 in the Balsall Common / Meriden area. Now, these Young Carers are socially distanced, they need more support than ever.
• NHS Visor Production - £1,000 - 3P innovation Ltd is organising a fundraising appeal and has stepped in to act as a 'hub' for the coordination and management visors for the NHS. The NHS needs PPE now. https://www.gofundme.com/f/nhs-covid19-emergency-visor-supply
• Solihull Hospital Charity (£1,000 plus £1,000 top-up from a special fund of £100,000 launched by the Lions Clubs Foundation of the British Isles) we have been able to fund tablets for wards across the hospital so patients can video call their loved ones. While the hospitals are in lockdown many very sick patients haven’t been able to see their families in over two weeks.
Further funds are earmarked to support the fabulous COVID-19 Support Balsall Common & Berkswell